“Kill howdy” gives you the option to remove and change the user greeting in WordPress. Though this might sound superfluous, get you thinking cap on… it can be used for little pick-me-up humourous greetings, inspirational snippets, quotations from the bible and more…
So check it out on WordPress.org – Kill Howdy
When modifying your WordPress website, it is imperative that you make you modifications on a Child Theme. For non-gurus like me, there IS an easy way!
How to Create a Child Theme the Easy Way
To copy templates to your new Child Theme, see an example in Adding a Full Width Page to 2013 Theme
This wee plugin is so effective – any time you begin a new site, it can look so bland with just ‘Hello World’ content. Using ‘Lorem Shortcode’ plugin, you can have easy auto-generated content in paragraphs with one simple shortcode.
There are simple extra parameters that can be added too, and it works well in a sidebar widget.
Get the plugin here http://wordpress.org/plugins/lorem-shortcode/
This is a biggie for our e-commerce websites in New Zealand and Australia – POLi is the only direct internet banking solution for websites that I know.
Why use POLi?
POLi offers very low fees and rates – countering the major problem of profit attrition for Online Stores
Tremendous accessibility – use any one of the major banks in New Zealand and Australia
Fantastic Merchant Service – This really has been unbelievable, their NZ service team have really given us fantastic support
Regularly updated and dedicated plugin.
If you would like help adding POLi to your NZ or AU ecommerce website please us our Ecommerce Enquiry Form
Managing users and newsletters for your business should be easy!
The WordPress Plugin ‘MailPoet‘ formerly called Wysija (What you send is just awesome!), is a fantastic free WordPress plugin that simply makes sense. 2000 subscribers for free. The drag and drop editor is so simple and you can automate newsletters to synchronise with your website articles.
We love it, and are sure you will too!
To get MailPoet integrated on your site now – Contact Us!
MailPoet / Wysija – Here is the info!
Create automatic newsletters, post notifications and auto-responders. Drop your posts, images, social icons in your newsletter. Change fonts and colors on the fly. Manage all your subscribers.
What you send is just awesome! (WYSIJA) – Now MailPoet
We simply love this plugin, and agree with the developers that WordPress should be easy. Not hard. Forget MailChimp, Aweber, etc. These are the good guys inside your Website!
Check out this list of fantastic features, right inside your WordPress site!
- Drag & drop visual editor
- Auto-responders, i.e. “Send email 3 days after someone subscribes”
- Selection of over 30 themes.
- Get stats for each newsletter: opens, clicks, unreads, unsubscribes
- Add a subscription form in your sidebar or pages
- Your newsletters look the same in Gmail, iPhone, Android, Outlook, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.
- Your WordPress users have their own list
- Import subscribers from MailChimp, Aweber, etc.
- One click import from Tribulant, Satollo, Subscribe2, etc.
- Single or double opt-in, your choice
- Send with your web host, Gmail or SMTP
- Segment your lists based on opened, clicked & bounced
- Unlimited number of lists
- Sending in free version is limited to 2000 subscribers
WYSIJA / Mail Poet Premium version
- Send to more than 2000 subscribers
- Stats for individual subscribers (opened, clicked)
- Total clicks for each link in your newsletter
- Access to Premium themes
- Automated bounce handling. Keeps your list clean, avoid being labeled a spammer
- Unlimited spam score tests with mail-tester.com
- Improve deliverability with DKIM signature
- We trigger your email queue, like a real cron job
- Don’t reinstall. Simply install an additional plugin
- Priority support
For more about integrating WYSIJA into your site, please use our contact form
The ‘Recent Posts Extended’ WordPress Plugin widget by default prepends the words ‘Permalink to’ on every sidebar widget link, effectively diluting SEO strength in the title attribute.
To remove this;
Open – recent-posts-widget-extended/includes/widget-recent-posts-extended.php
Find the below section in two places…
<a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>” title=”<?php printf(esc_attr__(‘Permalink to %s’, ‘rpwe’), the_title_attribute(‘echo=0’)); ?>” rel=”bookmark”>
Remove the words permalink to from both sections as shown below.
<a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>” title=”<?php printf(esc_attr__(‘%s’, ‘rpwe’), the_title_attribute(‘echo=0’)); ?>” rel=”bookmark”>
This will remove the offending wording and SEO irritation 🙂
View more plugin reviews and modifications on our WordPress Plugins page